- Forest Grove, OR, USA
- 16.00 - 18.00
- Full Time
- Mental Health - Bachelor's degree/Experience
Full benefits such as medical, dental and paid time off (PTO)
Purpose: Provides mental health services and behavioral interventions for medically compromised adults in a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF).
HOURS: Full-time position, working days and weekends, hours vary between 6:30 am - 6 pm,
- Provides behavioral interventions, case management and skill training to client within Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) and in community according to treatment plan.
- Develops and presents group activities or therapies appropriate for treatment of clients such as art groups, community outings, movement, reminiscence, etc.
- Coordinates services with other LifeWorks NW staff and with external organizations such as government agencies, social services providers, and healthcare providers.
- Provides crisis intervention to clients experiencing difficulties.
- Documents and maintains client records in electronic healthcare system within 24 hours of client care to ensure compliance with LifeWorks' and contractual guidelines.
- Maintains confidentiality of records relating to clients' treatment.
- Encourages clients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives, and help them to develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
- Guides clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems.
- Counsels clients and patients, individually and in group sessions, to maximize the quality of their lives.
- Collects information about clients through interviews and observation.
- Acts as client advocates to coordinate with SNF required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Collaborates with other staff members to perform clinical assessments and develop and implement treatment plans.
- Evaluates clients' physical and mental condition based on review of client information.
- Checks e-mail/voice mail daily the day when working responding as appropriate.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Transports clients in LifeWorks NW vehicle ensuring client safety.
- Some evening and weekends required.
- Meets performance standards for direct client care, documentation, quality (including engagement and evidence based practices) teamwork as defined in the Performance Review.
- Participates in regular individual and team meetings with supervisor. Attends informational and clinical meetings which may include all staff and team meetings, consultation with other staff and required trainings.
- A bachelor's degree in behavioral sciences field or at least three years relevant work, education, training, or experience.
- Prior experience working in skilled nursing facilities or leading behavioral groups preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; understand mental health assessment, treatment and service terminology and individual, group, family and other counseling techniques; program policies and procedures for services and supports identified in an ISSP. (Individual Services and Supports Plan.)
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Requires valid driver's license and verification of safe driving record from DMV and the ability to pass Ride Connection driving regulations.
- Requires ability to work some evenings and/or weekends.
- Understanding of and ability to apply medical and mental health assessment, treatment, and service terms.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community.
LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09