- Portland, OR, USA
- 16.50 - 18.00
- On Call
- Mental Health - Bachelor's degree/Experience
Provides coordinated care to a variety of patients enrolled in Psychiatric services with LifeWorks NW, and functions as part of the interdisciplinary care team by providing education and case management directly to patients, and administrative support to Psychiatric Providers.
DAYS/HOURS: This is an On-Call postion.
- Orients and educates patients and their families by meeting them; explaining the role of the patient care coordinator; providing educational information in conjunction with Psychiatric providers related to treatments, procedures, medications, resources and continuing care requirements.
- Helps to develop interdisciplinary care plan and other case management tools by participating in meetings; coordinating information and care requirements with other care providers; resolving issues that could affect smooth care progression; providing education to others regarding the treatment process
- Functions as the primary liaison between patients and Psychiatric providers by triaging patient requests, dispensing medications, and coordinating resources necessary to obtain services and medications, including direct coordination with pharmacies and insurance companies.
- Monitors delivery of care; documenting care; intervening to overcome deviations in the expected plan of care; reviewing the care plan with patients in conjunction with the Psychiatric providers; interfacing with involved departments to negotiate and expedite scheduling, consultations, and acquiring medications.
- Maintaining ongoing communication with the care team regarding transfers and discharge plans, and working with psychiatric providers to facilitate timely admission and discharge of patients.
- Functions as liaison between psychiatric provider and a wide variety of primary care providers and other specialists to ensure high level of coordination and shared planning.
- Respects patients by recognizing their rights and maintaining confidentiality; maintains quality of service by being educated about and enforcing Policies and Procedures
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Contributes to appropriate databases by entering new information as it becomes available
- Respond to voicemails and emails daily
- Generates and delivers requested reports and status updates to the Psychiatric Care Coordination Supervisor.
- May be asked to provide cross-coverage and travel between sites within all of LifeWorks NW.
- Participate in regular individual and team meetings with supervisor. Attend informational and clinical meetings which may include all staff and team meetings, consultation with other staff and required trainings.
- May be asked to assist in training new staff
- Meets performance standards for productivity, accuracy and quality of work, customer service, teamwork, attendance and punctuality as well as projects/objectives as defined in the Performance Review.
- A BA/BS degree in behavioral sciences field and minimum three years relevant work, education, training, or experience required.
- Familiarity with mental health and medical terminology preferred.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Ability to master proprietary software which may include on-line scheduling. Must be able to keyboard 45 wpm.
- May require access to a car and valid driver's license.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- May require fluency in another language and experience working with a specific culture.
- May require ability to work some evenings and/or weekends.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community.
LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09