- Tigard, OR, USA
- 14.25 - 15.30
- Part Time
- Peer Support
20 hours per week. Pro-rated benefits such as medical, dental and paid time off (PTO).
LifeWorks NW's Zenith Place is a 5-bed Residential Treatment Home, in Tigard that serve male and female Young Adults in Transition (ages 17-24) who have mental health issues.
PURPOSE: Provides a variety of recovery-oriented services to individuals who have self-identified as desiring peer supports. Works, to promote greater independence, community integration and recovery. Services provided by peers (people who have had the experience of mental health treatment and have certification in Peer Support) include a wide variety of supports, services and advocacy that contribute to a client's ability to engage in ongoing treatment and work towards less dependence on traditional mental health treatment. These activities acknowledge the importance of involving significant others and other natural supports in the persons treatment that could positively impact their recovery.
POSITION SPECIFIC: This is a part-time position working 20 hours a week.
- Provides support to consumers who are having symptoms that could result in hospitalization. Duties could include grocery shopping, meal preparation or just spending time with clients until they feel secure enough to be on their own.
- Assists clients in accessing community resources.
- Continually increases level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Assists clients in maintaining medication compliance. May deliver medications, makes reminder calls and home visits to ensure compliance.
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to clients' treatment..
- Meets standards for documentation and accuracy of work.
- Drive clients in a LifeWorks NW vehicle.
- Meets the definition of a Peer as defined by the State of Oregon Administrative Rule: a) self-identified person currently or formerly receiving mental health services; OR b) a self-identified person in recovery from a substance abuse disorder, who meet the abstinence requirements for recovering staff in alcohol and other drug treatment programs; OR c) A family member of an individual who is a current or former recipient of addictions or mental health services.
- Holds a Peer Support Specialist certification from a State-approved training program.
- Must be (or previously has been) a consumer of mental health services or have family who have experienced receiving mental health services.
- Must be certified by an AMH approved training as Peer Specialist for Young Adults in Transition at time of hire or within first 6 months,
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and ability to provide culturally-competent treatment services to diverse client populations.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license and ability to meet LifeWorks NW driving requirements.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community.
LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09